Hi, RFD User..If your CD/DVD burner is making coasters failing to write CD's and DVD's, throwing a "Power Calibration Error" or "Medium Speed Error", here are a few solutions you should try.
Their could be several possible reasons and solutions for the above error, basically what is happening is for some reason the CD/DVD burning software is unable to determine the Optimum Power Calibration rate (a small pre-burn test to determine optimal laser power for writing), resulting a disk burn failure. There is no easy way to pinpoint the exact reason, so try all the possible fixes from top to bottom (easy to hard) and see what works:
- Try using different brands of quality blank media, most common reason for such error's is cheap blank media.
- Try burning at lower speeds (Highly effective).
- Disable IMAPI Service (Work's in most cases):
- Launch Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services .
- Browse for "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service", Right-click on it and select properties.
- Change Startup Type to Disabled.
- Click Apply and Reboot.
Best Of Luck, do post your results.
Thanks for Reading.. pls comment if this helped you o not.