“Instabridge is a Swedish company that’s invented something so simple, and so awesome, that you’ve got to wonder what took this industry so long!” – Android Authority ☆☆☆☆☆Instabridge is a free service that lets you find and use free wifi hotspots all over the world. It also lets you invite your friends to use your home wifi, sync and backup your wifi passwords.
✓ Find and automatically connect to public wifi (like cafés and restaurants) all over the world – no passwords required!
✓ Use your friends wifi without passwords
✓ Let your friends use your home wifi without having to give them the password
✓ Sync passwords between your phone and tablet seamlessly
✓ All wifi hotspots backed up in the cloud – don’t worry about losing your phone
✓ 100% free
Get free wifi everywhere and automatically sync wifi passwords between all your devices all with this free app.
This app is not for wifi tethering. Instabridge syncs passwords between phones, it doesn’t establish a connection between them. Also note that it is not a wifi hacker tool and cannot be used for wifi hacking in any way. Instabridge syncs passwords between your own devices, and to people you have chosen to trust. There is no way to access anybody’s wifi network if he or she has not given explicit consent.
Read your text messages (SMS or MMS), receive text messages (SMS)
- You login to Instabridge with your phone number. In order to verify that your phone number is actually yours, we send an SMS to the app with a confirmation code. In order to read that confirmation code automatically, the app needs to be able to receive and read text messages.
Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Instabrige caches images on your USB storage, so that they load faster.
Connect and disconnect from WiFi, prevent phone from sleeping
- Connecting to wifi networks is what Instabridge is for, so this one’s pretty obvious. Preventing the phone from sleeping is so that we can read notifications sent from our server to the app even if you’re not using your phone right now.
Approximate (network-based) location, precise (GPS) location
- In order to show you nearby wifi networks on the map, we need to know where you are. Location is also needed in order to suggest venue names when you add a community network.
Services that cost you money
Send SMS messages
- If you want to invite your friends by SMS, we can send the messages for you. This permission is actually not needed anymore, as we now redirect you to your normal SMS client instead. We’ll remove this permission request in the next update.
Your personal information
Read your contacts
- If we can’t load your contacts, you can’t select friends to share private networks with.
Read phone status and identity
- This is for retrieving your phone number, so that it can be autofilled for you, as well as for checking whether the device has a SIM card.
Run at startup, send sticky broadcast
- So that you don’t have to start Instabridge manually every time your reboot your phone. Sending sticky broadcast is used for making notifications work better.
Test access to protected storage
- Needed in order to retrieve cached images.
- For vibrating when Instabridge wants your attention, for example when there’s a network nearby that you can use.
Receive data from Internet, view WiFi connections, view network connections
- Instabridge needs to communicate with our server for fetching hotspot lists, updating sharing settings, and many other things. Viewing wifi connections is of course necessary when you select networks to connect to.
Find accounts on the device, read Google service configuration
- Instabridge finds your accounts so that we can prefill your email address for you during signup. This is just a convenience.
Screenshots of Instabridge Free Wifi Password 3.2.0 Android app
APK FILE 2.2 MB