How to Shutdown a Computer with a Cell Phone
Using this method, a user can shutdown, restart, hibernate, etc. his or her computer,
just by sending an email from his or her phone.
To do this, all you will need is Microsoft Outlook which should come with Microsoft
Office, which most people have. This will need to be on the computer wish you wish to
1. First, you need the batch files to perform the Shutdown, Hibernate etc. You can
write them down yourselves or can download them from here.
2. Extract them to your C:\ drive so the path to the shutdown batch file is
C:\sms_functions\shutdown.bat (Important this is a must the path must be exact)
or you can modify the rule once you import it to point to the new destination, it's
3. Open up Microsoft Outlook. Make sure that you have already configured it for
your email.Now we will need to make it so that Outlook checks your inbox about every
minute (1 minute for testing time can be increased if a delayed shutdown is desired).
You can do this by going to Tools: Options.
4. Then click the Mail Setup tab, and afterwards, the Send/Receive button.
5. Make sure that the Schedule an automatic send/receive every... box is checked,
and set the number of minutes to 1. Now you may close all of these dialog boxes.
6. Now go to Tools: Rules and Alerts... Next click the options button in the upper
right hand corner and press the Import Rules button.
7. Now select the shutdown.rwz file that was found in the zip file named
sms_functions that you downloaded.
8. Now, when you send a message from your phone to your e-mail address with the
subject smsshutdown%%, your computer will shutdown.
You can also make your own rule, so that you can use your own batch file, and may
specify the phrase you want to trigger the action.